Friday, May 2, 2008

Springtime Gothic Arch in Fabric


Near the top of the list of reasons why I love being a member of the Paper Whimsey Artists Group is their unusually creative swap/mingle challenges. These prompt me to work in forms and with materials which I might not otherwise explore. That was cetainly true with the Fairy Slippers Project, which I recently featured here on the blog and which got me to use fabric and beads. I carried that a step further by completing another fabric challenge this week: a Springtime Gothic Arch and Charm. Guidelines were to use fabric as the background for a springtime theme and hand make a charm to attach to the arch. The fabric jumped right off the store shelf and into my arms because I loved the vivid, vivid colors and images on black. While I know that black is not a color usually associated with spring, it works for me because it represents the departure of the darkness of winter and the arrival of the vivid light of spring. My charm is a minature version of the clay love buds with which I've been having so much fun of late.

2 comments:

Eastjewels said...

Patricia...love your Gothic Arch...I am sure you have no clue how talented you are...your art rocks and I am so glad you got to work in my AB with the ICE Group.
LUV LE

Christy said...

ooh i love the colors you have here. everything just pops and looks lovely.